Re: [RC] Horse with attitude... - jamie ward

You are not the only "lucky one" I have a gelding i have had for 7 yrs (he's 9) he's usually great but... If i put him away for awhile and like you said "concentrate"on someone else then I pay for it later nothing too mean he will just sneak one in on you.Your trotting along and WHAM he will let one or two fly he then decides he's had his revenge and is an angel (almost). Our last such adventure was this Thursday, he was coming off a few weeks of Being in a stall for treatment of a small injury. He was only being hand walked and then finally turned loose in his corral a few days before our easy "fun" ride down at the river.
He had been glaring daggers at me every time i put him in his stall so i figured he had something planned for me but still he caught me unprepared. Were trotting along a nice wide packed trail and i was cursing my husband for not putting my short leathers back on my saddle after he used it.The next thing i know I'm sitting on the ground head killing me and rather dizzy wondering how in the hell i got their,My friend and her daughter came trotting up with my guy in tow I swear he was smiling ! My friend said he gave a good buck and i fell landing with a somersault.I have a huge dent in my helmet from the only rock with in 20 feet of me and my arm is a nice purple but hey he was perfect after that, he even let us swim in the river with no fussing.We also have another gelding that will buck like hes in the rodeo IF we take him on a certain trail near our house he hates it!
Jamie
Sabrina <dirtangel95@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone else have a horse like this or am I the only lucky one? I have a horse that I have owned for the last 9 of his 12 years. I have come off this guy 7 times. It seems that he must dump me about every year or so... what? to keep me on my toes? The most recent episode was about 2 weeks ago. I hadnt ridden him in 2 months because I have been paying attention to my new horse. Just got on him for a casual bonding ride, no real workout planned. Everything started out just as calm as can be. I rode him for about 20 minutes at a friends arena, then all of a sudden he just flew into his "bronc of the year" status! Well, I came off immediately, (no 8 seconds in this gal), got up, walked over to him, got back on and continued our leisurely ride. What the??? My reaction to this was that he was ticked off at me for putting him on the back burner for those last 2 months. I swear this horse is smart and has attitude! He is my main LD horse, and I love him dearly, but lately I feel like the abused woman... Oh, I'm so sweet, (sucker you in), You can trust me, (batting of the eyelashes), then WHAM, rider eats dirt! You get up, brush yourself off, and the dang beast nuzzles you and sneaks a few licks on your arm. SUCKER!
I would love to hear some input on this topic, and make it funny, its getting depressing around here with all the 'slaughter' talk.
Ride safe, and wear your helmet! Hence the email dirtangel... :o)
Sabrina

Custom made rump warmer's > made just for you and your horse, with your horses measurements,and you choose your colors/prints,warmth etc e-mail me for more info

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely!  Life is an adventure which should bring you  skidding into Heaven's gates, totally worn out, scuffed up and bleeding, yelling, "Whoo Hoo, what a ride

Got a little couch potato?