[RC] Horse with attitude... - Karen Everhart

Got one just like yours.  Best horse in the world, beautiful and sweet, has allowed me to put numerous button's on her - a National Champion NATRC horse.  BUT, she has done a wonderful job on my mind because she has put me in the dirt more times than I can count over the past 5 years.  Have done all the medical tests (teeth), chiro evals, saddle fit/change, punishment, retraining, etc.  BUT, once most every competitive ride she throws in ONE HUGE buck (heels to the sky type) combined with a "drop the right shoulder and spin to the left".  It always occurs, when I am up and balanced but forward in a 2-point or post and nearly ALWAYS at a huge working trot.  No advanced warning, except that "generally" it is because she wants to be going a lot faster that I am allowing her.  So, boom!!  Drop that head and off I go.  There is no saving this ole' gal!!  Then she stands there looking at me like "what's wrong, why are you down there?" sprinkled with a "see, I can getcha any time I like".

She is my favorite mount - rides wonderfully - great recoveries - the horse I want to do Tevis on, BUT not until I can be assured that I am going to be allowed to remain ON her back, not under her chin.

I'm getting way too old for those whiplash meetings with the terra firma.....

Karen Everhart MEd
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082