[RC] Loose horses on trails - Jack &/or Virginia Goodman

Hello, I was the originator of this thread via an email to Jim Holland, who kindly posted it to Ridecamp. It had nothing whatsoever to do with Parelli, I have no idea (well, yes I do, but never mind) why it took such a tangent. The gist was that there are a few (mercifully) endurance riders who condition on public trails with several horses - and only one of them is restrained by saddle and bridle. The rest are loose, as in running free.

My concern is that if folks take to riding on a public trail with loose horses, the future of trail-riding at that particular venue is bleak indeed. If we want to preserve trail access, we need to be considerate of everyone using the trails. That includes not only hikers and bikers, but recreational trail riders as well. I will do my part to educate people who are doing this (whether they are endurance rider or not) if I encounter them on the trails. I hope the rest of you will do the same.

Thanks.
Virginia Goodman