Re: [RC] was slaughter update. - Rebecca Fabiszak

This is why there needs to be a plant in every state so that the travel to the plant is relatively short. I bet there would be a market for humane haulers as well, people would pay to have an animal taken to a place where they could be put down and the carcasses used. The web site that I saw yesterday was mentioning how horses are the only animal hauled long distances to be slaughtered. In Europe ,of course, they eat the meat. I think that someone should put pictures up of the conditions these poor animals have to endure before they are put on the plate, pictures in the restaurants that serve the meat. It is so very unfair to these marvelous animals to allow them to suffer so badly before they are put out of pain. Beccy

----- Original Message ----
From: "Spottedracer@xxxxxx" <Spottedracer@xxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:49:20 AM
Subject: [RC] was slaughter update.

But what do you do when the area Zoos, wildlife agencies, handicapped riding non-profits, state non-profit rescues & university equestrian teams - are full and cannot accept anymore horses? And you can't even get a $20 bid on your horse at auction?

This has happened to over 10 people who called me wanted to GIVE me 'good 'ol riding horses'  (in just the last 6 months).... They've got nowhere else to turn to..

- LP