Re: [RC] [Endurance Tracks] USEF Seeks Candidates for Chef d'Equipe for Endurance - Linda Marins

----- Original Message -----
From: "Truman Prevatt" <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
And a person in such a position is expected to produce a winning
program, just as a college basketball coach or professional basketball
coach is expected to produce a winning program. If such a program is not
forthcoming ...then the contract will be
terminated just like in any big time sport - which is most likely what
happened last time.

I always thought "Downhill Racer" was a very depressing movie.

I've spent an interesting afternoon browsing through USEF's
Endurance web pages and reading meeting minutes and reading
old Art Piersz memos and Dane Frazier's post to Ridecamp
on the 2002 WEC at Jerez.  I've never understood AERC-I's
relationship with USEF, and after reading AERC-I's web
page, I *really* don't understand it.  I'm now working my way through
each region's position papers at the April 2007 FEI Forum in Paris.

Did you know that Abu Dhabi held the first ever
*Ladies Championship* 3-day endurance race this year? :-Q

Ray of hope:  it seems that the *majority* of regions, including
Europe, NA, and England want to keep 160km as the championship
distance.

All this stuff is so far removed from anything that I have to
deal with day-to-day that it is just a kind of distant, slightly
amusing, slightly sad spectator sport.

Linda Marins