Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 10:40 AM
Subject: [RC] Morgans in Endurance, was Western Maine 250

  "Morgans will never be competitive in endurance riding until they start running
   endurance rides in the middle of a sub-freezing winter."

Note she said competitive, not capable.

Sue Greenall has said essentially the same thing on Ridecamp many times:

But most particularly in her post following the 1997 ROC in Kittanning, Pennsylvania:

Kudos to you and Hawk for exploring parts of the Morgan gene pool that rarely get
exercised these days.

Two Morgans started the Tevis this year.

Kudos to Morgan Chalk Mountain Quotation for making it to Francisco's at mile 85
before pulling.

And kudos to Morgan Indiana Hoolihan for completing this year's Tevis in 41st place out of 95 finishers.  (Hoolihan is a stud, by the way).

Linda Marins