water, water, all over

I attended a seminar just before Atlanta and immediately started to
pour water all over my horse with super results.  I have a Morgan who
does not cool like an Arab and he needed every drop.  In CTR one
cannot use ice water, but I have cooled water with bullets and poured
that all over my Arabs with no problems.  Good example was The
Festival of Champions last year with 98% humidity and 100 degrees.
You could slice the air.  The horses were sweating standing in their
stalls at 6 AM!!!  You bet we poured water all over them.  As long as
the water coming off of their bellies was hot, we kept pouring.  Of
interest, I pour water all over the Morgan even on a cool day.  I use
a heart monitor to tell me how he is doing and he simply needs more
help to cool than an Arab.
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.com
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall