Re: [RC] Naming Our Farms - Carolyn Burgess

We named our "ranch" (I'm not allowed to call it a farm per Hubby) long before we even owned any land.  We just recently moved from Massachusetts, just outside of Boston to southeast Texas, and we finally were able to afford to buy land.  We have 57 acres in a very quiet area.  Our place is called The Doubleheart Ranch, named by my Hubby.  We will be registering the name at the same time we register our brand, which is two interlocked hearts.

I have a friend who named her place and I laughed when I first saw the name.  She had forgotten to put in the letter "R" where it should have been and the name was Moonstuck (should have been Moonstruck) Acres.  I still laugh over that one.

Carolyn Burgess

Val Nicoson <vnicoson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How many of us "name" our farms/ranches/hobby farms etc?
Is there a particular number of acres that's prevalent when naming a farm?  (under x acres you don't, but over x acres you do)
Do you just "name" your farm for fun or what have you done to "register" your farm name?
If you have a farm name, what is it?

How many acres would constitute a "hobby farm"?

Just sitting here curious about farm names and thought this would be a fun topic.

To make this endurance related, I believe there are some endurance horse breeders who have farm names, but wonder how many others do in general.

Since I started this, I'll share mine.
We have 4.24 acres (I believe this qualifies as a "hobby" farm) and we've named it Lame Horse Farm for fun.  We have not registered this name, and wouldn't know how any way.

Val + the Gang at Lame Horse Farm