[RC] Huginn 7/19 UPDATE - Raven

Hello,
I have decided to try an immune booster for Huginn. I spent all
morning making phone calls to try to get info on Eqstim, Equinune I.V.
and Zylexis.

Dr. Wilson from the U of MN recommended going with one of those immune boosters.

I first called Equinune I.V., cuz that was the lowest priced and only
required one IV dose. After chatting with the drug rep,  I decided to
look into Eqstim or Zylexis. The drug rep felt that I would get more
bang for Huginn's system with Eqstim or Zylexis. I really appreciated
his honesty.

I then spent lots of time trying to find a vet who had Eqstimor
Zylexis. Most vets do not stock this, as it's expensive and most folks
prefer to stay the course with anti'-B's.

I did find a few vets who were willing to order it, but I would have
to wait to next week to start the treatment and I wanted to start NOW.
<;9]

I was able to find a vet in MN who had both Eqstim and Zylexis in
stock.  I was told that Eqstim should work wonders on Huginn's
immunity system.  As it it considered an adjunct to anti-B's.

So, Huginn is scheduled to get his first dose (total of 3 doses; Day
1, Day 4, Day 7) of Eqstim tomorrow afternoon.
http://www.neogen.com/eqstim.htm

Oh...Huginn will also be getting an acupuncture treatment.

I also tried to find some info on natural herbs that will help
Huginn's immunity. I got a bit overwhelmed with what all is out there.

The other thing that Huginn will have done tomorrow is a CBC, to see
where his white blood count is at.  His last gentocin injection is due
Saturday at 6pm. I really hope that his white blood count is low
enough to be able to stop the anti-B's.

I feel good about my decision to do the Eqstim and acupuncture. Huginn
has had acupuncture in the past and he seemed very relaxed during the
treatments.

On a good note....Huginn's temp at 6pm was 101.8 ~! YEA!  Way lower
that last nite at the same time.

THANKS for listening to me, and as always...your wonderful support!

Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn & Dixie Chick, the Back Behind the Barn Ponies

Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.