Re: [RC] [RC] Horse Death After Big Horn 100 Attempt - Dawn Carrie

And I would like to know why the riders did not take the opportunity to find out why this horse that they professed to care so much about died.

<<Ever vet I've spoken to doesnt believe it was directly affected by the ride, either way we wont know without the opportunity of a post mortum. >>

It is quite well known that AERC will provide funds for a necropsy, and this was a perfect opportunity to do so...the horse was already at a veterinary clinic.  If this were my horse, or a horse owned by some one else that I had bonded with (<< Our first ride together was the Joe Tate 100 where despite popular contriversy he did an amazing job for his first hundred miler. Six weeks and plenty of bonding later I entered him in his second ride with us, the Big Horn 100 >> ) I would have certainly wanted to know the reason for his death.

Dawn Carrie
Texas