[RC] Pacing - Buzzard's Roost

I have a TWH that I bought greenbroke in GA about 6 years ago.  He would pace, but he was just not fit.  I didn't like it for riding.  Too sloshy.  So I taught him to trot, one stride at a time.  He literally couldn't hold it for more than a stride or two at a time in the beginning.  Now he can trot for miles.  If he drops into a pace, then I know he's getting fatigued.  It's such a loud and bumpy signal that I can't miss it!  I love it.  It's his built-in red flag.  Or white flag?