[RC] (RC) *[RC] Rain rot remedy, anyone? - Joanne Mahon

I do believe that Rain Rot is contagious if left untreated from my past experience.  One of my horses gets this every Spring. Best obvious solution is prevention if you know that a certain horse is prone to this;  Blanket the horse in the rain.

If noticed early?  Recovery is quick; I start off with a Betadine solution on all infected skin. Then I put a Tea Tree Solution (15 drops to 8 oz of water) that I dab on with cotton balls every day for approximately two weeks. And it's good to get the scabs off and saturate with Tea Tree solution.  Should notice hair growing back in about 4-5 days.

Happy Trails,
Joanne :)