Re: [RC] Relationship between AERC & USEF & Drug Approval - Truman Prevatt

Diane Trefethen wrote:
Steph Teeter wrote:
This med approval most likely does not apply to the Endurance discipline.

Oh. Well then. It's okay.

This reminds me of what the Reverend Martin Niemoeller said after WWII. "Then they came for the homosexuals, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a homosexual." The time to protest isn't when they have YOU by the throat. The time to protest is when they FIRST do an injustice. In this case, the injustice is to the horses not in our discipline.
Absolutely, I guess it is okay with some to make other horses suffer as long as it is not endurance horses. I can't buy that for one minute. Either we are for equine welfare or we are not. We mean what we say when we speak of the welfare of the horse or we are just blowing smoke.

It is time for tough questions for answers from AERC I and it's time to make some tough decisions. IMO it's time to cut the cord with USEF and publicly condemn this action as something not in the best interest of the horses that participate in horse sports and something that is firmly against the principles of the AERC. It's time to take a stand. As the old country song goes "...if you don't stand for something you stand for nothing at all..."

Truman

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics