Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] brio & CR - Dawn Carrie

My husband's horse is also not a former show horse, which also probably helps, although he *is* rather hot...or rather, he was when we first got him.  He has learned over time to channel his "hotness" into forward motion down the trail.

In response to Pasos dealing with the heat, we are in E. Texas, where the climate is very hot and humid.  Diamante handles the heat very well, out-recovering many Arabians.  Of course, my husband conditions him very well, and rides him within his level of conditioning.  Most of his 50s have been back of the pack, even though D is capable of going faster.  He's done one in 6:41...Diamante loved that one, as he got to really move out.  LOL  If you condition them well, as you would any horse, they can do very well.

My husband and Diamante have a very special bond...they are a wonderful team.  D is like a sweet affectionate puppy dog...he would curl up on your lap if he could.  But he and my husband have something special.  I think D would walk through fire for my husband.

Dawn Carrie