Re: [RC] brio & CRI - Dana B.

M Paul latiolais <hmpl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
IWhat the problem is with paso's is brio. Definition:  "more heart, style, and brilliance " (ref http://www.qconline.com/paso/).

I think that's part of it, especially given those Pasos that have been "trained to exhibit brio" for the showring (aka made crazy ;-/)

The biggest thing I've noticed between the Pasos and the Arabs is the Arabs are MUCH better at dealing with heat.  Thus, in cool conditions the Pasos can and have kept up with the very best of Arabs metabolically.  But when the temperature goes up, they struggle.

I've been mostly riding my Arab lately since my main Paso is permanently broken in a pasture accident.  But if/when I ride my other Pasos (now just 6yo babies) in endurance, I'm going to try clipping them to see if that helps.

I think Pasos can do it, I just think it takes more management to do it with them.  I've also noticed that Pasos frequently are ridden by Vaqueros and Hot Rodders, and they tend to get ridden too hard with too little conditioning and too little TLC :-(

Present company excepted, of course :-)

Dana Baldwin

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.