Re: [RC] Bald Eagle - Michelle Aquilino

Eh, I don't know if we should get started on the ESA and the EPA... lol.  There are so many factors that could be the "cause" of the bald eagle getting back on its feet, you can't possibly pinpoint it on one thing on its own.  I believe anyway...

First of all, DDT was banned prior to the passing of the Endangered Species Act, so even if the banning of DDT directly caused the Bald Eagles to begin their surge back into the world, this cannot be related to the ESA, as claimed by the given article.

Before taking this article as fact, take a minute to read an article with an opposing viewpoint, and make the choice of what you believe then:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202447,00.html

One thing I found most interesting was how the bald eagle was stated as being threatened upwards of 22 years prior to the production of DDT.  In addition, the fact that US Fish and Wildlife actually fed large doses of DDT to captive bald eagles, concluding that it would not adversely affect the eagles in the wild or their eggs.  I am actually beginning to love this article, ha ha, it is brilliant! =)

Much like choosing the price of gas as the THING to complain about amongst all the options, blaming DDT for the bald eagle becoming endangered is merely a choice among many options.  Why only consider one?

I could go on and on about why "environmentalists" should not automatically be bowed down to, merely because the Bald Eagle is going to go off the endangered species list.  However, seeing as this is off topic anyway, I'll hush up now, and leave it at that =)

-Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"