Re: [RC] What's in a Name (was: 'Grand Prix' style, etc.) - SandyDSA

So exactly why would this odd elimination method be suitable to endurance of any kind? On the race track or even formula one, a large field is generally 15 or more, at least in track racing it is. All I know about cars is that they don't go to fast on the 101... but in endurance, there can be 30, 50, 90 riders! Logic suggests that all of those riders are not going to finish within 30 minutes or even - an hour of each other. In addition, there leaves no room for the younger horse coming up or the older horse who may well have been successful in the past but is now lingering about mid pack - and still finishing fit to continue. I wonder why too many people who get involved in equine sports now want to change whatever they butted into in order to resemble something ELSE they used to do or watch and liked...then go do that. All this kind of set up will do is cut numbers, because only ten can top ten:). The rest, mainly a half hour or more later, will simply not spend their time and money -they will stay home. I don't think THAT is good for the future of the sport, do you? Oh and we already have CTR so we don't need more distinction of distance I don't believe. I cannot imagine an RM trying to manage a "ride" and a "race", several distance....that too would result in fall off of participation, since Rms would likely be less enthusiastic about yet another management challenge. JMO

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

See what's free at AOL.com.