Re: [RC] What's in a Name (was: 'Grand Prix' style, etc.) - SandyDSA

In a message dated 6/24/2007 12:43:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
As an example, grand
prix show jumpers are not required to stop as soon as they knock down a
rail just if there have already been enough competitors to fill the
placings who have jumped clear.
Indeed - they don't STOP the horse - they mainly won't give a time since it doesn't matter. But a rider CAN ask for their time in the interest of keeping track of progress. In any case, I have never seen  a ring steward stop a horse and rider midcourse  -or in mid air - though I have seen riders who are having a tough go round pull halfway through...after pulling 3, 4, 5 rails. So just why they called it this is just plain weird, along with the rest of this concept. Anyway care to come up with an idea why this tag was given?

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

See what's free at AOL.com.