[RC] Ride temper - training? - Nikki McCormack

I have done 2 50s this year with my little Arabian and he is doing great, but I am concerned about his temperament on the rides.  He is constantly laying is ears back and tensing up when other horses pass us or when we are passing.  He is not as bad at vet checks, unless a horse comes between him and his pasture mate, at which time he will flatten his ears back and look down right scary.  At home he always gets a little riled around other horses and I do not let him sniff noses as he will squeal and strike out with a foreleg.  At this point he has not actually struck, kicked, or bitten anyone or their horse, but I am concerned that he might.  He is adoring with his people and generally has no issues with his pasture mate, though they do play musical feed buckets in the mornings.  I plan to put a red ribbon in his tail just as a precaution from now on, but I am wondering if anyone who has dealt with similar issues has found a way to stop this behavior?

Thank you!
Nikki (and Cody - the antisocial endurance horse)
AERC M33800 / PNER 3782 / NSS 44146