Re: [RC] renegade hoof boots - Patty P

Amy, I don't think the epics are hard to get on at all. Not even a little hard. I have a pair of epics with the clip UP position, and a pair of bares. The bares are not hard to get on, but were a bit harder to get off...found a solution to it though...I like the bares because there is no clip to contend with. Nothing to break. The rub can be fixed by cutting the back strap almost all the way down. It is worth the trial and error period you go through in the beginning. Not all horses need the strap cut...so try it first to see...It is well worth it. Ive heard the renegades fall off all the time...and don't last .......don't know for sure though because I havnt been able to get them. I am a bare trimmer. The Renegades are VERY expensive.

Patty

-------Original Message-------

From: Amy Major
Date: 6/12/2007 7:39:26 AM
Subject: [RC] renegade hoof boots

How can we get these Renegade boots though?  I have been reluctant to buy Epics because of all the posts here and on other sites about how they rub and how hard they are to get on.  I understand the Bares are even harder to get on.

I have a natural barefoot trimmer doing my guy now (thanks to a kind friend's referral) and he is doing great but I would like to have something in case we run into rougher terrain.  Can my trimmer contact Renegade and can we get them through that route?

They sound like a wonderful product and obviously from the info on the website many long distance riders are having great luck with them.