Re: [RC] OD meeting - Eric Rueter

Isn't it Biltmore where you enter the pulse box get your ride card -- oops
slip of paper marked with the pulse time and get in line for the vet, and
then when you get to the vet they take your pulse?  If your pulse is down
then you get the time on the slip of paper.  If it isn't down then you have
to go to the back of the waiting on a vet line.  Then when you make it to
the vet a second time, and it still isn't down (your second strike) then you
must exit the line again (if it is down then you still get the original
time - you have just lost the time you were standing in line).   I am not
sure if you can get a "new" pulse time at this point and head back into the
line a third time or not (but I believe that it is possible).  I think the
two strikes deal is to keep people from "fudging" and entering the pulse box
prior to their horse being down, with the expectation that by the time they
reach a vet, they will have met parameters.

At least that is the way I understand that the Biltmore system works I could
be wrong, just ask my wife.

Never been to the OD so I do not know if this is what they were trying to
duplicate.

The big problem I see is when you get the first few horses in.  Some, take
the time to cool their horses and get them to criteria before they go to the
P&R/Vet.  Others (who are obviously more competitive or ,,) take their
horses straight to the P&R/Vet, since there is no line for the front
runners, they just hang out (no looping through the line no lost time) until
the vet gets the correct numbers.  People who are not pushing their horses
as hard, do find a line and it does cost them time if they have to move
through the line more than once.

We do *not* use this method at the Big South Fork Ride.

thanx eric
Eric Rueter
Rueter Consulting, Inc.
Eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx