[RC] OD meeting - Normanjudyv

Considering the Biltmore & the OD are so notoriously hot most years, the possibility of serious consequence to the horse is always there. What vet would want to be the one to pass a horse that,s not doing well. Some folks from other regions have always had it in for the OD for being to strick. It,s a difficult trail in any kind of weather. Everytime a horse dies, everyone is screaming PROTECT THE HORSE!!!!! Well that,s what they trying to do til it gets in the way of your personal goals then the vets are the bad guys. The OD is no big deal to ride successfully if you select the proper horse for the task, do your home work & in the heat go as slow as possibile. I know tons of old ladies thru my years of endurance that have finished the ride over & over,how hard can it be, that includes me. I loved every minute of it, don,t know what the all whining is about. Especially when you,re doing the thing you like best, what you live for. It,s suppose to difficult, that,s why we like it, the 100 mile riders anyway. The poor horses have no choice, good thing someone is looking out for them. jvm

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.