Re: [RC] [RC] Response from one of the "rude" riders - Dawn Carrie

On 6/1/07, steelsidedown <Steelsidedown@xxxxxxx> wrote:

We routinely share the trail with several top level AERC + FEI competitors.  These folks are the upmost ladies and gentlmen on trail.  I have NEVER had reason to have anything but the upmost respect for their abilities and sportsmanlike behavior.

And in *MY* opinion, it is the whole package - their accomplishments in the sport AND their sportsmanlike behavior - that makes them worthy of being considered top level competitors.  Doing the first without the latter does not make one a top level competitior, IMO.

That said, being a professional, with X amount of miles, selling endurance horses for profit, does not give anyone the right to be rude.

BINGO.  When someone is showing their a$$ at a ride, I don't give a hoot how many miles they have or how much of a hot shot they are at selling horses.  Some people just plain need to be turned over their daddy's knee and spanked.

Dawn