Re: [RC] Response from one of the "rude" riders - steelsidedown

With all this chatter ... I must give credit where it is due..

I live and usually ride in the NE region.  We routinely share the trail with several top level AERC + FEI competitors.  These folks are the upmost ladies and gentlmen on trail.  I have NEVER had reason to have anything but the upmost respect for their abilities and sportsmanlike behavior.  Its an honor to share to trail with such personable professionals.  (In what other sport do you get to ride and chat with your heros?)  These folks are always corteous and watch out for us "little guys".  A true asset to our sport.

That said, being a professional, with X amount of miles, selling endurance horses for profit, does not give anyone the right to be rude.  In fact that puts you in a spotlight where everyone will notice everything you do.  One in that position must be very careful to set a good example for those aspiring to similiar endurance goals.  And if you chose not to, well woe onto you, you need to be ready to get as good as you are giving.  The rest of us have but so much patience.

Jen