Re: [RC] Marathon training - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Thank you, one and all, for the posts on this thread.  I have recently begun training for a half marathon WALK in Lake Tahoe at the end of the year.  It is for Training to End Stroke.  I have loved the cross over benefit when I ride my horses.  I have far less aches and pains at the end of my small rides than I did before.  I have more stamina to keep up with the daily chores that are required to take care of 18 horses.  Most of all I sleep better!

My daughter, Katie, started doing Triathlons about three years ago.  When she comes up to the ranch to help out with spring clean up she is amazed how many muscles she uses that she does not use in her general triathlon training.  As a matter of fact she brings several of her club members with her.  They are all amazed how much has to be done on a horse ranch and the muscles that are used outside of their normal training.

As I move forward in my quest to become involved in the sport of endurance.  I am encouraged with the overall spillover benefit to my health.  Of course we aren't thinking about the negative impact from like horses falling on you,  riders running you in barbed wire, and the like!  :)

D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson