[RC] How Did You Find Your Soul (Endurance) Horse - frank solano

Dear Beverley,

Simply stated, but not as simply done, my finest relationships with horses have come from the horse seeking me out, rather than the reverse.

As with many things, the choices when buying horses are plentiful.  Well-conformed, well-adjusted, pretty, sound horses can and are found everyday.

But, for me, it's the horse who allows their "soulfulness" to escape the deep confines of their physiology to touch me in only the way a horse's soul can.  That "touch" has been expressed to me in many different manners...sometimes as simply as a change in how the horse breathes when we first touch.  And, at the moment of that "first touch" it is interesting to discover who is reaching out to whom.

It's my belief that true "greatness" in a horse can not be quantified by top tens, miles completed or honors won.  It is also my belief that a Great Horse can one day become a Great Endurance Horse.  The reverse, due to the human factor, is not always true.

Good luck on Connecting,

Frank Solano