Re: [RC] How Did You Find Your Soul [Endurance] Horse ? - Anne Heilgeist

Beverley,

Unless I know the current owner/breeder/trainer very well, I prefer to train and add mileage to an endurance prospect...and starting out with an unbroke four year old is my preference.  I too am looking for an older endurance prospect (have a young one in training) because I'm itching to compete now that I've volunteered at a few rides.  I would definitely obtain an pre-purchase exam on an older horse.

As for choosing the horse...I grew up with horses then trained and rescued so many horses over the years that I just go by intuition (or perhaps it is an "educated" intuition).

In the end, you've got to like the horse you'll be spending a lot of time (and money) on.

Anne Heilgeist