Re: [RC] rude riders and rules - Susan

Seems to me a RM could put some of this wording in their ride flier.  If a rider became abusive then RM could DQ him/her.

Another thought is for RIDERS to apply peer pressure liberly to rude riders.  At a ride last Nov. when I was run into a barbed wire fence on an out-and-back trail, I was appauled at the 2 riders' lack of concern.  They "YEE HAW" away without so much as an "Are you alright?"  They proceeded to run a junior rider off the trail later.  I told RM about it and that something had better be said because I was not going to tolerate that behavior the rest of the day.  RM talked to the offenders and I got glares the rest of the day...as they moved off trail for me.  I was happy and will continue to speak out.

In my area (OCER) we're an endurance family.  We'll stick together like glue.  If RM and riders will back each other up, any misconduct will be taken care of without needing more rules or even more hard feelings.

Tx Trigger <txtrigger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Disqualification
2. Judges, the trailmaster, or the ride chairman have the authority to disqualify
competitors for the following reasons:
c. Riders who engage in conduct unbecoming a competitive rider.
h. Openly abusive language or behavior toward management, judges, ride
personnel or other competitors, during or after competition, by the
competitor or any person associated with the competitor, be they family or
friend. Said competitor may be penalized or disqualified as the case
warrants.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)