Re: [RC] rude riders and rules - Tx Trigger

----- Original Message -----
From: Elinore Tonsor
>>>Did you know that NATRC has a rule specifically prohibiting handicapped individuals from competing in their events?
How do they get away with that when the PGA can't, and quite frankly, how come they haven't been sued by the AMCLU?
Just wondering.<<<

Have you even read the rule yourself Elinore? If so, you could have quoted it to show it to everyone...but since you didn't, I have included it below for YOU and others to read. Part of the competition, is judging the rider. If a rider can NOT care for their own animal, and can NOT ride the course without the assistance of others, then how can they be judged equally? If a rider shows up who is indeed, handicapped, and can do those things, then come on and ride with us!
Jonni

From the rule book:

Eligibility of Riders
1. All persons 10 years of age or older are eligible to compete in NATRC except:
a. Any person designated in Section VII (i.e., ride chairman, ride secretary,
trailmasters, stable manager, judges, official timers, judges recording
secretary, rules interpreter, safety riders, P&R timer) shall not be eligible to
ride a horse in competition on the sanctioned ride for which he serves in an
official capacity.
III-5 Revised 02/2005
b. No member of/or horse owned by the judges’ (including apprentice,
provisional, and emergency) or rules interpreter’s immediate family, by
blood, adoption or marriage (to include parents, siblings, grandchildren, and
in-laws) nor any member of their household may compete in a division of a
ride in which said person is acting in an official capacity. In-laws includes:
mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, daughter-in-law,
and son-in-law.
c. Riders who are unable to properly care for their horses, themselves, or to
ride the course without the assistance of others. (Minor handicaps may be
dealt with at the judge's discretion per Section IV D2c)
** see below)
2. Riders must be properly entered as NATRC riders in any ride which has
NATRC as well as other organizations sanctioning the ride.

**2. During the competition, all riders are required to care for their own mounts
except in the following cases:
a. Attending to a sick horse.
b. Having a horse held during a rest break.
c. Handicapped riders needing assistance (permission at the judge's discretion).
Other assistance in the care and grooming of mounts is prohibited.