RE: [RC] rider weight studies, part 1 - Kristen A Fisher

Kathy - Thanks for the feedback and sorry about your completion. The pony in question is 14 yo and ridden to keep him active to reduce the effects of arthritis - not competitive sport. I am glad to hear that the common thinking is slowly changing. I prefer smaller horses and am at the lower end of the HW division so I always wonder if people are thinking "you need a bigger horse!"

Kristen

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sherman
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:15 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] rider weight studies, part 1 - Kristen A Fisher

Possibly due to the tough but relatively slow pace of Tevis, the results would not be the same at a faster ride or an easier ride. Was Deb Bennett referring to any specific type of riding, such as jumping or 3 day eventing. Maybe in those disciplines you do need to stay at or below 20% to protect your horse, but certainly not for trail or endurance riding..IMO.

Kathy