[RC] $3.00 per gallon, what it means - Spottedracer

Yes, Paul - many of us whom are trying to raise children and have one spouse in college FT - all living on the primary salary of a state employee... Have learned to make adjustments..

Consider what's happened in just the last 3 years: (since I started endurance riding) - Coggins went from $15 each to almost $30 each. Vet call went from $20 to $70. Grass rolls went from $15 to $50-75. Tires for truck and trailer were $80 now they're $200 each. The medication that keeps my RA in remission (nope there's no 'cheaper alternative timerelease versions...due to a patton.. we pay a % of namebrand price) Was $400 per 50 days worth - now it's $1500 for that same amount...  Insurance rates have tripled for car insurance/homeowners.. Health insurance premiums went up by 20%...College tuition and books are costing $700 more per semester..

Yep, and my husband finally got that 3% raise - yet we still see less and less of it!

Yes Paul, those of us on a 'fixed income' are adjusting... we 'adjust' by making sacrifices.. Driving less, not going out to eat, raising more of our own food, keeping most of our horses barefoot, Feeding a custom mix which we indeed only use 30% of the amount we used to use, overseeding in the fall - so our horses don't need so much hay. whether I was currently competing in IPRA, ApHC or AERC - I'd be slashing my participation amount.. This is part of 'adjusting'

I'm not whinning, that's pointless and won't change anything anyway.. Just stating facts - which many on this list can empathize with.. I'm happy with the 2-3 rides that I CAN afford to go to - and can still physically handle..

- LP