[RC] when are you an endurance horse - sherman

I have 4 riding horses right now, all can do 30 miles, only 2 and a 3rd (if we don’t have to travel & camp) can do 50 mile rides. It has nothing to do with the amount of conditioning, but their ability to take care of themselves, eating, drinking, staying calm around chaos. I don’t think I could call the 2 that don’t take care of themselves or travel well, endurance horses, or even endurance prospects. I would feel honest in representing them as LD or 30 mile horses though.

Kathy

Kieth wrote:

First of all, the notion that LD is not endurance is a concept that would be limited to only a very narrow group.