Samantha Sandler won BC in the 50 on her young horse, Elliptic.  I believe she said this was her horse's first 50.  He kicked butt on his vet scores for BC judging.  Congrats, Samantha!  She is taking a different horse down to the Biltmore this weekend, I believe.

And Pam Weidel also said that two horses she bred came in second in the 50 (Wind Sovereign PW, ridden by Kara Thomas) and second in the 25 (Mona Tika PW, ridden by Sandra Fretelliere).  So Pam is doing something right at home with her breeding program!

All results can be seen at www.fairhillinternational.com/foxcatcher.  Results spreadsheets are posted for the 25 and the 50, and also be sure to check out the "2007 Awards" link, to see who won what in terms of prizes, and who donated those prizes.  MANY thanks to our sponsors!!  Asgard Arabians sponsored the Top Ten awards for the 50 mile ride, and I think Asgard had some nice representation amongst our entries.  Plus lots and lots of other sponsors - please write them a quick email of thanks if you get a chance, so they know that we really care that they sponsor our rides!

Pictures will be posted sometime today at www.ellenpons.com

And I have two awards that I need a little help with.  Need some nominations and some stories.  One - a "Tough S*!# Baby" award donated by The Dala Horse - for a person who rode either distance, had a rough day, but still had a smile on her face at the end of the day.  Completion is not a requirement.  Nominees thus far - a young lady on her first ride who got dumped in the river, and called it quits after that (she was already sick, a spill in the river on a chilly morning was not what she needed).  And also a rider who got dumped hard enough to make people think she should go to the hospital for a possible broken arm, but she finished the ride and was still smiling at the end.  I believe it was her first 50.  Send me any other stories you have!

The second award - a "Hokie Spirit" award, for the rider or crew person who demonstrates the most generosity and kindness, in the "Hokie" spirit.  This award is in recognition of all my Hokie family and what they are enduring just a couple weeks after the tragedy on campus.  Award is a Virginia Tech embroidered saddle pad, donated by my parents.  In the running for this award right now - a nice gentleman named Mike who put his hand up and volunteered after my desperate plea for an ambulance driver at the ride briefing.  He had to go fetch 2 horses from the ten minute stop on Saturday.  Thank you Mike!  Also - Jim and Diane Brosious, who picked up Megan Delp after her sponsor got pulled at 40 miles.  Also Robin Rivello, who (on her first AERC ride in a while) picked up Madison Kennedy after her sponsor got pulled.  Those of you who pick up and sponsor junior riders in the middle of a ride - you are a godsend!  Thanks so much.  Any other "Hokie Spirit" stories you have - please send them my way.

Always fun to see my endurance friends.  Thanks to all of you for coming!

Alissa Norman
Ride Manager