From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of frank solano
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 3:49 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [AERCMembersForum] [Endurance Riding: News] FEI CoC for 200 8 WEC - 10:40 and 12 months!

From Frank Solano:  I am now turning over my laptop to Philip K. Dick for his comments.

    If the Americans' participation in FEI Endurance thus far has not produced enough medals for the USofA, perhaps it's because in America the AERC governs endurance racing/riding.
    If the AERC's motto is "To Finish Is To Win," and if one looks at how the USofA has done in FEI Championship competitions in the years preceding 2007, could our own tenets be what is keeping us from producing the pool of horses and riders necessary to do well in International riding?
    Granted, we have outstanding individual horses and riders who try their darndest to represent America and do their very best, but for whatever reasons, haven't been able to produce International recognition for the American "PROGRAM".
    Granted, as John Teeter has pointed out already, we have some riders who can meet the new CoC.  How many of them will compete, or want to, internationally?
    For International competition, however, in order to produce a POOL of horses and riders who can actually PARTICIPATE in WEC's and such around the world, perhaps the modified CoC time is a (gentle?) nudge at endurance communities around the world who believe that "To Finish Is To Win" to now "get onboard" and speed things up back "home".
    Perhaps, and of course I have no firsthand knowledge of any of this, the USEF would like that very thing to happen...'hey, let's speed things up and maybe we can find the number of horses and riders we need to PRODUCE some medals... (you know, knock knock on the port-a-potty door of endurance, "HEY, either do it or get off the Pot!")'

I'm asking Philip K. Dick to leave my laptop now,
Frank