Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [AERCMembersForum] [Endurance Riding: News] FEI CoC for 200 8 WEC - 10:40 and 12 months! - frank solano

On 4/25/07, Bob Morris <bobmorris@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

So! What you are saying is that the USA/AERC should lower the standard of endurance riding in this country.

No! I would rather the USA/USEF/AERC become a world leader not a follower. Speak our minds and show the FEI that this is endurance competition, not three day eventing. That we, if no one else, care about the horses we ride. Let the terrain be technical and determine the speed required to win. Not the speed determine the terrain so that a minimum speed can be maintained.

Hi Bob,
    I, Frank Solano would NEVER say such a thing.  Neither would Philip K. Dick.
    Philip K. Dick would say that things aren't always as they seem.  Things, sometimes, move inexorably toward precipices and, though the precipice is evident, no one has the good sense to "change directions".
   NOTE...PLAYING DEVIL'S ADVOCATE HERE, BOB:   The new CoC, mandated for competition in Malaysia may, in fact, SAVE some horses.  Perhaps, again I don't know for sure, but PERHAPS it was reduced to 10hours, 40 minutes to keep horses from traveling all the way to Malaysia just to fail in that particular climate.   To mandate that all horses have to complete a 160km endurance event in 10h,40m or STAY HOME, speaks to a "sport" (FEI Endurance) that is TIME-FOCUSED, not HORSE-FOCUSED.
QUESTION:  WHAT IF the winning time at the 2008 WEC in Malaysia is 10hours, 41 minutes....what happens then?
    The FEI Endurance folks are fixin' to throw a shoe and have no EZ Boot...perhaps they believe they can ride ANYWHERE barefoot with their hair on fire?

Nice to see Arlene's photos in the April EN.

Frank