[RC] Dually or not? - Karen Ellis

We are looking for a truck here in BC Canada to carry a 9' camper and to tow a 3 horse BP stock trailer.  Do we really need a dually for stability for the camper?   Is that the only benefit of a dually?    We currently drive a 1994 GMC 1 ton dually gas but it doesn't seem to have enough power/torque for the big hills and its killing us in gas.  Gas here on Vancouver Island in BC Canada is $1.17  per litre.

We would like to find a Duramax diesel but they are like gold around here.

Karen