[RC] Questions for trainers - Marcia Nelson

My experience as a trainer is that there are endless things that a horse can learn in every facet of their lives and work and job and so I vary them from day to day to keep it interesting. If the horse understands that we are communicating and that I am giving them time to sort out the requests I don't overwhelm them and they become brave and willing and they want to please. They are truly an amazing animal that given half a chance to come to the table and participate will be a different animal than one that is expected to endure having things being done TO them and to do it without complaint or opinion or they are considered a brat. I do develop them into having a work ethic but it comes with time not force.

Marcia Nelson
Horseman's Hangout
Santa Barbara, CA