[RC] Trainers - horsewize

Hi,
I have trained horses for over 25 years and do use spurs.  If they are use gently they are better than whips and kicking. I also do ground work that teaches them to move off pressure.
I require the folks that I train for to do at least one session a week with the horse.  This is included in the training charge.
The horses seem to do well working several days per week, for short periods.
They ride in the arena for a few times than start doing trail work.  This includes show horses.
The trail helps to teach them to pay attention to the footing and where they are going and also helps to build strength.
We start out easy and gradually do more difficult ones as they process.
I have shown at the national level for many years and have horses that have won at regionals and nationals that spent 80 per cent of their riding time on the trail.
They never get sick of showing even after many years. They do great riding in the heat and the deep dirt in the arenas.
I actually had a National winning trainer tell me it would ruin show horses to ride them on the trail.  I beat him in several classes.  My horses are happy at the shows and his are standing with their heads in the back corner of the stalls with their ears back.

     Annetta Tinsman
" Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"