[RC] tent camping - Sharon Hahn

I have a Kelty which I can set up by myself in under ten minutes.  The rain fly comes all the way to the ground (key feature), and I've never been wet.  I also put a tarp INSIDE the tent which keeps it clean and prevents any water from coming up through the floor.  (warning:  I'm at rides with Theresa and her family all the time and they do not always stay dry in their tent in the rain! )
However, Alice, you sound like you want a lot of room in a tent.  I think most of the better quality tents are smaller.  My Kelty purports to be a 3-man, but it fits myself alone OK, or two kids or a couple.  It's a bit tight to be in with a casual friend.

I think the coolest thing would be to get one of those big MASH tents and then the horses could sleep in there, too!