Re: [RC] Trailer Floor Help Needed - Sisu West Ranch

It partly depends on what the floor is made of.  If Aluminum, the commercial acid wash can be simulated by hand washing with phosphoric acid cleaner.  In WI, the dairy state, farm stores carried this for cleaning milk lines.  Put on heavy rubber gloves, rubber boots, safety glasses and have at it.  Rinse well.

There are several rust removers, naval jelly is one brand, that can clean up steel bolt heads.  Abrasive blasting, usually called "sand Blasting"  is better.

When I got my used trailer, I did all of the above plus fiberglassed several pitted areas and cracks.  Then I had it coated with Rhino Lining brand urethane truck bed liner.  There are other brands.  Then I didn't have to worry about cleaning.

Almost nobody properly cleans trailer floors, it is just to much work.
Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875