RE: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] AERC and International - Jim Holland

Mike, let's look at this a little differently.  The members on Ridecamp and
AERC Members forum at the most INFORMED members in AERC. In addition, they
represent a variety of views from across the country.  You couldn't ASK for
a better, more informed cross section of the membership.

For years, I worked as a Consultant.  My field is networking and I
specialize in Fiber Optics in K-12 schools.  I don't do that much anymore,
but at one time I was probably one of the best in the country.  I GOT that
way by doing my homework, spending lots of times on forums, in classes, etc.
There are lots of people who install fiber....if you were a school
superintendent, would you call the local cable installer for advice....or
hire a KNOWLEDGEABLE professional?  Who has the best chance of getting it
right?

What the board has here is 477 "Consultants" who are knowledgeable about
every issue in AERC. It would behoove them to listen carefully to that
small, vocal minority, especially since we have the most uninformed general
membership of any organization I have ever belonged to. That IS the way the
organization should work. INFORMED, KNOWLEDGEABLE OPINIONS ARE THE KEY TO
SUCCESS OF ANY BUSINESS. (Somebody said that, but I forget who)

The number of board members is an even smaller number of the membership, and
we depend on them to do the right thing for AERC.  (IMHO, they have done an
abysmal job, but that's another subject)

To dismiss the forum members as a "small vocal minority" that "doesn't
represent the membership" is a disservice to AERC and IMHO, inaccurate.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+

Richard T. "Jim" Holland
Three Creeks Farm
175 Hells Hollow Drive