Re: [RC] World Endurance Forum - In Summary - Sisu West Ranch

"...mitigate the current issues - then it would be fitting and proper for
the AERC to associate with the sport on the international level...."

There is another issue here: The USET/USEF desires to be the only body in the USA controlling endurance competition. (Remember when they were trying to tell the AERC that it could not have "National Endurance Championship"?) While many AERC members are voting members of the USET/USEF, the AERC as an organization does not have a vote.* Many, if not most, of those on the relevant committees at the USET/USEF, are AERC members who ride in AERC sanctioned rides. This will continue, but is not the same as the AERC as an organization having voting representation.

If we have no say as an organization, we should make sure we take all steps possible to let the world know that we are not responsible for anything related to international endurance RACING, that we, the AERC, only sanction amateur, Endurance RIDES in the USA and Canada. If we have no real control, our only defense, if there is bad press relating to international Endurance RACING, is that ours is a different sport, for different people.

I am in the process of organizing my thoughts on this and when it is done will share my letter to the AERC BOD with Ridecamp.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640

*If I am wrong on this, please let me know.

ranch(at)sisuwest(dot)us