[RC] I've got hate mail - Nikki McCormack

I had to weigh in on this.  I am a huge supporter of diversity, but I don't think there is anything wrong with Angie's article.  I have read the whole book and loved it.  What I think is wrong is not being allowed to joke about anything because we are so scared of being PC or of offending someone.  I have been the brunt of jokes in my time.  I don't worry about it.  Who honestly cares.  Jokes are most often not meant to be hurtful, but someone somewhere will probably take offense.  Does that mean we should avoid having a sense of humor at all.  There is not 100% safe subject to joke about, but if we cannot laugh at ourselves and each other then why bother living.  I am not going to tiptoe around my whole life scared to death that something I say might offend someone and I don't expect others to either, even though I might occassionaly be the one hurt or offended.

Ride as you will, live as you will, but don't expect others to live to your standards.

Get out and ride folks!
Nikki
AERC M33800 / PNER 3782 / NSS 44146