[RC] Just a Horse! *I did't write this but thought it was worth sharing. - Joanne Mahon

Just a Horse!

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a horse,"
or,â€
?that's a lot of money for just a horse".

They don't  understand the distance travelled, the time spent, or the
costs involved for "just a horse." Some of my proudest moments have come about
with "just a horse."

Many hours  have passed and my only company was "just a horse," but I did
not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about
by "just a horse,"  and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just
a horse" gave me comfort  and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a horse," then you will probably understand
phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a horse"  brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust,
and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a horse" brings out the compassion and
patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a horse" I will
rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of
all the hopes and  dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past,
and the pure joy of  the moment.

"Just a horse"  brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away
from myself and  the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a horse" but
the thing that  gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman/man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a horse" just smile, because
they "just" don't understand.