RE: [RC] I've got hatemail - Christina McCarthy

Sounds like "spottedracer" is looking for attention by flaming riders.

Christina McCarthy

To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] I've got hatemail
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:07:09 -0600
From: txtrigger@xxxxxxxxx

Spottedracer posted: >>>You know, there's a difference between comedy and rudeness.... I'm sure that
people felt it was 'funny' back in the 50's-60's to talk about those 'stupid
niggers' who thought they should be treated the same.. as well as it was
'funny' to joke about women who WANTED to work and not have children. 'Funny'
to joke about kids born with handicaps. Yep, back then people had many opinions
that we now consider reprehensible - but they thought it was 'funny'.<<<

Where in the heck did THAT come from????  Where did anyone mention racial, handicapped, or others that were different???  That was really uncalled for.

So, you just did not "get" the point of the article. Go re-read it. Bring folks into the sport that you would want in the sport. You know, like yourself, with YOUR desires of the direction you think the sport should be.  THAT was the point!   I mean really, if you were to recruit someone in to the sport, wouldn't you recruit someone that you thought was going to be right for the sport, and enjoy it?  Who you might recruit, might not be who Angie might recruit, nor who I would recruit.  But right now, after the above paragraph, I'd like to know who recruited you, and are they like you???  If so, they did what they article suggested, eh???  <grin>

Jonni