Re: [RC] I've got hatemail - Sisu West Ranch

"...(can't remember his name; bet somebody does) who wrote that the rich should eat the children of the poor..."

Johnathan Swift.  In his short satirical essay, "A Modest Proposal". It was not just any poor, or any rich, it was the rich English eating the poor Irish children.   At the time one of the reasons the Irish were so poor, in addition to the fact that they had large families, was that most of the land was owned by the English.

As an aside, many folk think that "Gulliver's Travels" is a children's book, and the only thing he ever wrote.  Nothing can be further from the truth.  Johnathon Swift wrote a tremendous amount of satire.  Gulliver's Travels is actually great satire about the human condition.  I have always found it interesting that the group that had the best characteristics of the human race were horses, the Houyhnhnms , and ruled deformed humans, the Yahoos.

Which group does each of us most closely resemble?

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875