[RC] I've got hatemail - Valerie Jaques

What's being missed here, I think, is that everybody comes at everything from their own perspective and experience.  Someone pointed out that Angie is our version of Dave Barry.  I know people who've been offended by Dave Barry!  Certainly Angie is not setting out with the intention of offending anyone, any more than Barry does.  That does not mean that either of them are ever going to please everybody.  You can't be all things to all people.  Angie is who she is, and her humor in some cases (as the one mentioned) is rather dry and can be difficult to get.  I admit that it took me a second to realize she was being tongue-in-cheek; had to go back and look at the name of the person who wrote it to "get" it.  This is much along the lines of the fellow (can't remember his name; bet somebody does) who wrote that the rich should eat the children of the poor.  Back then, there were people who thought he was being serious, instead of excoriating the situation of the time.  Satire, irony, facetiousness, and sarcasm are lost on some people.  Spottedracer has a right to his/her opinion, and a right to be offended.  However, I do think s/he is judging an entire population of people of various ideas, religions, abilities, political leanings, and origins harshly based upon the writings of a particular individual.  Endurance News should publish the varying opinions of the membership.  EN publishing an article does not mean that the entire membership agrees.  If that were the standard, EN would be a thin publication indeed, filled with nothing more than meeting minutes, ride calendars, ride results, and award standings. I've read articles that I did not agree with, and that hasn't caused me to decide Endurance isn't the sport for me.  We have to value diversity, of all types.
Angie, continue with your way.  As I stated, no one can be all things to all people.  Keep up the good work.
Valerie