[RC] HOME ON THE RANGE - brejd

  I get to go riding..I get to go riding...I get to go riding!!! I am off this weekend to try the 75 on my little mare Spot. For those that have never rode Home on the Range..it is a great ride. Perfect footing, excellent views ( lots of quarries and lakes) water everywhere and a great vet check area...right beside a lake. Now what ride can top that? A early season ride (the first in the NW) it can be hot (up here this time of year 60 is steaming!) or cold and snowing...just how we condition.
  I cant wait..I love the first ride of the season. We get to see old friends..check out the new horses..wonder who is going to hot dog it, wonder if we are going to get pulled...pray not!! The first ride is always the best. It kinds of sets the season up. Lets you know if you have been on the right track while you were out there riding mile after mile in the pouring rain ( here in Washington..it just does not rain it pours).
  Best of all the local teams are have a Margarita contest. We have local endurance teams that ride for points. Those points are used for year end awards at PNER. Anyway it looks like a bunch of the teams are going to host parties...now I am not sure how we are going to decide who (what team) is going to win, not even sure we care! Come and join us...its going to be a blast...
Dory