[RC] re: hate mail/lack of humor - Cindy Collins

This whole thread has just disgusted me cause I know how beloved Angie is in the sport and I know where her heart is.? It takes a certain level of intellect to "get" satire...I'm not talking about college degrees, either, though Angie and I have plenty of those.? I'm sure that Angie has mentored many, many new riders over the years and so have I.??

When I'm playing with my "dressage queen" friends (and yes, we call each other that and yes, they think it's funny and endearing), we continually poke fun at that sport.? Doesn't mean we don't respect the heck out of each other or that we aren't in total awe of the "grand prix" level rider.? They, in turn, poke fun at all my biothane and my "dingy" Arabs.? It's all in good fun.? If you can't laugh at yourself, you need a therapist or some excellent anti-depressants.? The comments on Angie being racist are just so over the top of common decency (and common sense) that if I were in charge of the list, that person would be banished for a period of time.??

Cindy Collins