Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] GPS - "As you know..." - Susan

I've had the same experience.  Forrest trails measured by GPS.  A 3-mile section took the front runners, me included, nearly an hour to canter!  After 8 hours of trotting and cantering, we'd only covered 35 miles?  I don't think so!

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I did notice that you failed to
> tell how you knew that the GPS mileage was wrong.

There's a rides I just quit going to because I didn't care to trot 3.5
hrs. on their "16 mile" section. If you believe the distance (measured by
GPS by the forest service so it's official) you just feel like you're
trying to climb the escalator going the wrong direction. Very
frustrating. It also happens to have lots of ravines.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)